Between now and early 2019, there will be many opportunities for you to make a personal contribution to the success of this project. These will include participation in:
- the archaeological activities at Boroughgate
- recording the buildings that lie within the Conservation Area
- identifying suitable themes for the mosaics that will form the mosaic trail
- capturing the memories of older residents in the community
- offering your own memories to the project
- helping out at the weekly coffee mornings (a vital part of the on-going fund-raising)
- researching the sporting activities of bygone years
- researching the history and heritage of the village
Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do those things. Training will be given. All we need is your enthusiastic willingness to participate.
Please download the Volunteer Form, complete it, and return it to the project office. Someone will then contact you and discuss your participation with you.
“The weekly coffee mornings are organised by Skelton Villages Civic Pride, and are held from 9:00am to 11:00am on Mondays, in the Civic Hall, Coniston Road, Skelton. They are a key part of the community’s commitment to improving the environment of Skelton with floral displays and other projects.
The group is seeking new, enthusiastic, members to help us to improve our villages. If you have time to spare, and would like to make new friends, why not come along, have a chat, and sample the scones or cakes over a cup of tea or coffee?
Nobody will pressure you to join or to get involved. But we’d love to have your help with our floral displays, or at our weekly coffee mornings and other fundraising activities. One thing you can be sure of, though, is that you will be made very welcome.
If you can’t manage to get along on a Monday morning but would like to get involved, you can call our Secretary, Pam Batts, on 01287 653077, call in at the Townscape Heritage Project Office on the High Street and leave your contact details, or use the Contact page on this website.”