Our Contractors, Quadriga, will be carrying out sand blasting work to remove old paint from the brickwork at 117, High Street (Ha’penny Vintage Tea Room). For safety reasons this work will need to be done outside normal working hours, so will be carried out after 7.00 pm for some 5 or so hours. The work will take place between Wednesday 30th May and Friday 1st June. We apologise for any disturbance caused by this necessary improvement work.
Also, please note that, when the scaffolding is taken down at nos.72 & 72A, there will still be work to be done. The doors and shutters are being fabricated and will be installed in due course.
Phase 1 building work started on 9th April 2018. During the course of this year, the following premises on the High Street will have new facades installed:
72, 72A, 83, 89, 109, 115 & 117
Images of these properties as they looked on 30th March 2018 are shown below.
The indicative schedule for Phase 2 will be:
- January 2018 to July 2018
- Detailed design, consultation with owners and shopkeepers, negotiation on legal agreements, and submission of planning applications
- September 2018 to October 2018
- Carry out tender processes
- January 2019 to June 2019
- Carry out the phase 2 contract