14th February 2018
- The minutes of the Partnership Board meeting held on Wednesday 13th December 2017 and the agenda for the meeting held on Wednesday 17th January 2018 are now available via the Documents page.
1st January 2018 – An update on the activities of late last year:
- Public Realm – Community Mosaic – The bed in front of the community mosaic was planted at the start of December. The interpretation plaque was added shortly before Christmas.
- Main work – Shop Frontages – Phase 1 properties are now out to tender. Responses are due by 8th January. It is hoped to appoint the contractor by early February.
- Activity 8 – Mosaic Trail – Work has started on the research for the Phase 2 properties.
- The minutes of the Partnership Board meeting held on Wednesday 15th November and the agenda for the meeting held on Wednesday 13th December are now available via the Documents page.
- The agenda from the Partnership Board meetings held on Wednesday 11th October and Wednesday 15th November, together with the minutes from their respective previous Board meetings are now available via the Documents page.
- Activity 3 – Oral History – This page has been updated to announce the next workshop.
- Main work – Shop Frontages – Links to design drawings for additional properties have been added.
- Activity 8 – Mosaic Trail – The leaflet that will guide you on this trail is now available at the project office and the Library.
- Main work – Shop Frontages – Designs for the first phase of properties are now firming up. An example has been added to this page.
- Activity 3 – Oral History – On Monday 13th November, in the Board Room at Skelton Civic Hall, there will a half-day workshop, starting at 2:00pm, for anyone interested in capturing some examples of the oral history of the village (memories and recollections). If you would be interested in this, please contact the project manager, John Haw in the project office.
- Activity 8 – Mosaic Trail – The final mosaic from this year’s phase of this activity was fitted to 4 South Terrace today.
- Activity 4 – Snapshot in time – the second phase of this activity was completed during the 11th – 15th of September.
- Partnership Board Vacancy
We have a vacancy on our Partnership Board. We are looking for a new Business Representative. If you run or own a business located within our Project Area of Skelton High Street and wish to get involved, please write in to the Project Manager at 97, High Street, sending in an outline CV.
The Partnership Board provides strategic direction for the delivery of the Skelton Townscape Heritage Project in a manner consistent with requirements of the Heritage Lottery Fund. The Board meets once a month at 2 o’clock in the Civic Hall. Further details about the project and the role of the Partnership Board can be found here.
- Activity 1 – Boroughgate archaeology – A copy of the report produced by Tees Archaeology following the earthwork survey undertaken in May, which combines this information with that obtained during the geophysical survey done in November last year, is now available for inspection in the project office.
- The agenda from the Partnership Board meeting held on Wednesday 6th September, together with the minutes from the previous Board meeting, are now available on the Documents page.
- Activity 8 – Mosaic trail – The first batch of mosaics are ready to be installed.
- Main work – Public Realm – A new slideshow has been added showing some of the activity that has taken place along the High Street over the past few weeks.
- Main work – Public Realm – Mosaic – The approved design of the large mosaic to be installed near the westbound bus stop can be seen here.
- Activity 8 – Mosaic trail – Examples of completed mosiacs, and work in progress on others, have been added to this page
- 13th January 2017 – Skelton Heritage Project starts a big year of action
- 16th September 2016 – Great British High Street competition & Boroughgate Archaeology
- 17th June 2016 – Skelton Townscape Heritage Project Lottery Bid Successful