28th April 2017
- Newsflash on Public Realm Works: Seymour Civil Engineering Contractors Limited have been appointed to undertake the paving and landscaping works in the High Street. Work will start during May and be completed during the Summer. The contractor will be using the Home Farm site as the main works compound, although the front part of the land used for parking next to the Co-op will be needed for working space to build the Community Mosaic Wall. Details of the work programme will be posted here as they become available.
- Activity 8 – Mosaic Trail – Preliminary designs for these mosaics can now be viewed at the Project Office, 97 High Street, Skelton. A sample can be seen by following the link to the Activity 8 page.
- The agenda from the Partnership Board meeting held on Wednesday 12th April, together with the minutes from the previous Board meeting, are now available on the Documents page.
31st March 2017
- Activity 1 – Boroughgate Archaeology – Tees Archaeology is leading a project with local people and volunteers to investigate and record the medieval earthworks at Boroughgate, Skelton. We will be carrying out survey work to create a full record of the earthworks. We will then use this survey, aerial photographs and the results of a geophysical survey to interpret the earthworks and to select locations for excavations in 2018. You will be shown how to carry out survey work, no previous experience is expected, and you will be working as part of a team. Please use the volunteer application form to register your interest in taking part, and indicate the dates you would be able to attend.
- Main work – Public realm – Design drawings – Some updated designs have been added to this page
30th March 2017
- Minor revisions to Main work – Shop Frontages
24th February 2017
- A big step – our public realm works are now out to tender to seek a contractor to do the work. A set of revised plans for this public realm work have been added to the Main work – Public Realm – Design drawings page.
14th January 2017
- Activity 1 – Boroughgate archaeology – A copy of the report produced from the geophysical survey work undertaken last November is now available for inspection in the project office.
- 13th January 2017 – Skelton Heritage Project starts a big year of action
- 16th September 2016 – Great British High Street competition & Boroughgate Archaeology
- 17th June 2016 – Skelton Townscape Heritage Project Lottery Bid Successful