- Activity 4 – Snapshot in time – The dates for the second phase, 11th to 15th September, have now been confirmed and the form for making your interest known is now available.
- Main work – Public Realm – Seymour’s are now expecting to complete the main public realm contract by the 18th August, or thereabouts. They will be carrying out the following works during this week:
- Completion of the new steps outside “Stiches” and “Shorts”
- Landscaping of the site at the bottom of “The Hills” including seats, trees and a new shrub planting bed
- Putting up the railings on the new community mosaic wall and re-pointing the old wall in front
- Planting five trees at the western end on the High Street – two on the Co-op side and three on the other side.
- Putting new street furniture in place – cycle racks, new bins and benches
- Completing any snagging work, some of which may stretch into the following week.
- We expect our Community Mosaic artists to have completed their work on the mosaic by the end of August. Erection of the mosaic is expected in September. Planting of the bed in the wall will then take place in October.
- Main work – Public Realm – A new slideshow has been added showing some of the activity that has taken place along the High Street over the past few weeks.
- The agenda from the Partnership Board meeting held on Wednesday 19th July, together with the minutes from the previous Board meeting, are now available on the Documents page.
- Activity 4 – Snapshot in time – Phase 2 of this activity will take place from 11th to 15th September 2017.
- Main work – Public Realm – An update has been made to explain the reason for the delays in completing work either side of the road opposite the Co-op.
- Main work – Public Realm – An illustration of the tree variety that will be planted near the newsagents and the Co-operative is now available. (Follow the link above then scroll down the page)
- Main work – Public Realm – Mosaic – The approved design of the large mosaic to be installed near the westbound bus stop can be seen here.
- Activity 8 – Mosaic trail – Examples of completed mosiacs, and work in progress on others, have been added to this page
- Main work – Public Realm – The first visible evidence of change on the High Street started yesterday.
- Partnership Board Vacancy
We have a vacancy on our Partnership Board. We are looking for a new Business Representative. If you run or own a business located within our Project Area of Skelton High Street and wish to get involved, please write in to the Project Manager at 97, High Street, sending in an outline CV.
The Partnership Board provides strategic direction for the delivery of the Skelton Townscape Heritage Project in a manner consistent with requirements of the Heritage Lottery Fund. The Board meets once a month at 2 o’clock in the Civic Hall. Further details about the project and the role of the Partnership Board can be found here.
- The work in the High Street will commence on Tuesday 30th May and will last for nine weeks. Persons who park their vehicles on land next to the Co-op food store should note that the area currently occupied by the front row of vehicles will be fenced off for part of the contract to allow construction of the new planting bed, wall and railings. You are asked to co-operate by moving your vehicle when requested.
- Activity 1 – Boroughgate archaeology – Additional images from day 2 of the earthwork survey have been added.
28th April 2017
- Activity 8 – Mosaic Trail – Preliminary designs for these mosaics can now be viewed at the Project Office, 97 High Street, Skelton. A sample can be seen by following the link to the Activity 8 page.
14th January 2017
- Activity 1 – Boroughgate archaeology – A copy of the report produced from the geophysical survey work undertaken last November is now available for inspection in the project office.
- 13th January 2017 – Skelton Heritage Project starts a big year of action
- 16th September 2016 – Great British High Street competition & Boroughgate Archaeology
- 17th June 2016 – Skelton Townscape Heritage Project Lottery Bid Successful